(DAY 15/35) JOURNEY TO INCREASED PROFITABILITY AVAILABLE M-F; START DAY JUNE 20, 2010 BLOG
Time to start working on your own business support group. First, it is important to know that this is not a “lead exchange group”. It is a group that will help you grow your business and help you maintain accountability. It should be composed of no more that 15 people, each being a small business owner. ( under 50 employees, at the time of joining).
The group should meet at least twice a month ( weekly if possible) for about one and a half hours. An early breakfast is usually the best time of day to assure maximum attendance.
To start the group ask one or two of your small business friends to meet with you and go over the following points:
- purpose of group is to support each other in the growth of their business, not by exchanging leads at the meeting ( that may occur outside of the meeting), but by sharing their own management and marketing success or trials and hopefully gain insight from other members.
- To bring other members up to date as to what is occurring in your own industry.
- membership is limited to only by allowing only one firm in a specific type of business.
- every member must approve a new member prior to that prospect being asked to join
- attendance is the key to success for this group and you should set your own rules.
( I have a booklet which describes this process in detail, please e-mail me for information on how you can obtain one)
- The following week each of the original members should bring information on a prospect to be invited to the next meeting. The group must have 100% approval before a new member is brought in.
- the basic structure of the meeting is to allow each person a few minutes to share what is going on in their firm and and ask for ideas in any issues that may need answers.
- As the group evolves, a format will establish itself for meetings.
Leaders are like eagles, they don’t flock. You find them…. one at a time!
Have a great day!