Today, pull out your list of five ideas that you wrote several days ago, that can increase your bottom line. There is no one that knows your business better than you do so let’s review your list of five:
- First, review the five actions you can take to improve your bottom line. Make sure that they fully explain the required action.
- Now prioritize them with number one being the one you think will yield the greatest results.
- Taking your first choice ( it is recommended that you do a mini plan for all five items in the near future)and answer the following questions:
- What has to be done to implement this idea?
- Who will do the work ( can be more than one staff person)?
- How much will it cost to implement this idea?
- What are some obstacles that may be encountered?
- In light of the first four answers, what steps need to be taken to set this idea in motion?
- How long will it take to see financial results
- How much time will be allocated to this, every day, to achieve the desired results?
- How will you measure the effectiveness of your efforts?
Review the answers to all 8 questions. Your answers will determine if this first idea is something that can be feasibly implemented. If time and funds are available, than set a course of action and get to work.
If time and funds are not available, repeat the same exercise for each of the other four ideas. Select one that you plan to put in motion, share your thoughts with your support group and between them and your “coach” they will hold you accountable.
You are now starting your fifth week on this journey. Stop and review your progress, are you completing each assignment? If not, why not? Have you noticed any difference in your bottom line?
For every hill I’ve had to climb… For all the blood and sweat and grime… My heart sings but a grateful song- These were things that made me strong.
Have a great day!