If it was easy, we would not have any unemployment or poverty. Adversity is part small business life, it is an inevitable part of the process for growing and maintaining a successful business. In today’s world adversity takes many forms:
- Lack of working capital
- Failure in the marketing effort
- Consumer rejection of a product or service
- Self doubt
- Believing the media that says the economy is going down the tubes.
- Staff issues
- Lack of execution (business & marketing plans)
- Your performance predictions were not achieved.
I believe that adversity has to be embraced; it has to be accepted as the best possible teaching tool. The secret is not to let adversity stop your forward momentum; instead, analyze the issue and determine how it can be avoided in the future.
Adversity, properly accepted, can help you:
- see new and better opportunities
- strengthen your determination to succeed
- increase your business maturity
- become more aware of the only constant, change.
- to better research the needs of your prospects
- and the most important, adversity can result in innovation
“The first 99.9 percent of getting from here to there is the determination to do it and not to compromise, no matter what sort of roadblocks those around you erect. The last 99.9 percent is working like the devil to (1) keep your spirits up through the inevitable storms, (2) learn something new every day.” Tom Peters,,, The Pursuit of WOW
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving, they make mistakes, but they don’t quit.
Have a great day!