“They were at the right place at the right time” ! Have you heard that statement before? That statement is used very often when talking about a successful business. By itself, that statement has no value, let me complete the statement:
- A product or service which, by research, has been identified as being something that is needed.
- A business plan (prefer a Strategic Focus Plan) with no “fluff” but an action plan with deadlines
- A well designed marketing plan ( should be part of the Strategic Focus Plan)
- Adequate financing to fund the plan including marketing; this requires a financial plan for the business that incorporates the owner’s needs as part of the plan.
- The necessary time to develop and implement the plan for growing the business
- And perhaps the most important, someone to hold you accountable to your plans: someone to listen as you journey through the growth process. Pick someone you trust and are willing to commit to; weekly visits don’t have to be in person, with technology such as SKYPE there are alternative ways to get the support you need.
Yes, most of you know that these items are necessary, the question is, do you have the Character to make it happen?
Small business support can be found at www.paydirtbooks.com
Have a great day!