Often times, a small business is opened so that the owner can get away from the corporate stress, only to find that another kind of stress took its place. Wether working in a large corporation or running a one person business, stress has to be managed.
Let me share a few symptoms that are stress related: irritability, difficulty making decisions, difficulty concentrating, lack of interest at home and at work, constant tiredness, frequent heartburn, and headaches.
Stress also is caused by hassles at work; trouble with clients, too much responsibility, computer breakdown, too many jobs to do at once and making mistakes.
I may have only identified a few of the causes, unfortunately, in my opinion, the cure has to come from you.The following are a few things that may help:
- break overwhelming tasks into smaller jobs
- balance routine tasks with more enjoyable tasks
- plan effectively before taking action
- stick to one task and finish it
- establish quiet hours during which you can work undisturbed
- effective time management is one of the most important solutions to stress, the other is having a workable plan of action.
Stress is a very serious issue and can have devastating effects on the growth of a business. It has a tendancy to creep up and then be disregarded. Work with your mentor or coach and recognize the systems and take steps to implement solutions.
Ninety percent of all those who fail are not actually defeated. they simply quit.
Have a great day!