Once again I was reminded of the importance of keeping up with changes in technology. I attended another 6 hour session on the use of technology. I was more impressed with this session that I was with the one several weeks ago.I am going to share some statistics:
- 30% of the U.S. population has a smart phone
- by 2013 more people will connect to the internet via smart phone (mobile device) than through a computer.
- U-tube has 2 billion plus views a day
- u-tube has nearly double the prim-time audience of all 3 major networks
- average person spends 15 minutes a day on u-tube
- by 2013 video will be 90 percent of all consumer traffic
- the number one search engine is google, the second is u-tube ( google owns u-tube)
- consumer median age is 45; of them 84% TEXT; 78% use social media; 66% use mobile web; 57% use mobile apps.
Just based on this information, it should encourage you to find out how to market to this current and new generation of consumers. Smart phones and products similar to i-pads will be the dominant marketing vehicles.
Perhaps one of the most important things I came away with today is the use of video on blogs, web sites, and all social media. No, I may not have time to implement all that was presented today, but I know enough to ask the right person to help change my marketing.
A small item to share from my session, and it’s simple to use. Go to www.eyejot.com and in a few minutes you can be sending video e-mails (if your computer has a build in video camera, and most do). Add this to your communications arsenal and send me an e-mail to email@example.com.
In business as in life, your chances of being run over are doubled if you stay in the middle of the road.
Have a great day!