Let’s face it, as small business owners we all have to become salespeople to grow our business. So now you have a product(s) or a service that needs to be sold. Eventually, most of us will have to come face to face with a buyer of our services or products. Our very survival depends upon our ability to convey a message that will motivate someone to buy from us.
One of the most powerful tools in your arsenal should be a well-designed and well rehearsed script. Every product or service deserves the best that we have to offer in order to make “the sale”. A script assures us that we will deliver the proper message in the same manner to all our prospects. There is absolutely no substitute for preparation and practice of your “script”.
Several tips to consider:
- take the time to write out a script and then practice it until it comes out smooth.
- make sure you include the benefit to the prospect when presenting your product/service
- don’t do all the talking, use questions to draw your prospect into the conversation
- don’t speak louder that your prospect, try to match their style of conversation
- don’t ever interrupt your prospect while they are speaking
Practice makes perfect and presenting your product or service without a script is the same as trying to run a company without a plan, in either case, you don’t know where you are going.
The golden rule of friendship is to listen to others as you would have them listen to you.
visit: www.paydirtbooks.com and wwwlsolutionsbynick.com