We all have a story to tell and the best way to tell that is in person; the second best way is to tell your story via video. The internet has become one if not the most effective marketing media. Most social media outlets allow video as do many e-mail newsletters. In addition, there are many places to post a video including your own web site.
The cost of production is minimal; all you need is a camera, such as a flip or Kodak and some practice. In my opinion, an easy to use camera such as those mentioned, are not a luxury, but a necessity for all small businesses. The best time to start your visual presentation of your business is now. The following are a few tips to help you get started.
- A different video every week is a goal to reach for. You can run a video on all your media outlets and change it every week.
- The length of the video should be under 3 minutes.
- The content is critical; make a list of the benefits that your services or products offer to customers. Write a short story about each of the benefits listed. Now put yourself in the picture and practice telling the story.
- Practice makes perfect and until you feel comfortable in front of the camera and can tell your story without reading it, continue to practice.
- In addition to your business, you can include a video about a hobby or vacation. Making it personal helps your prospects get to know you and to establish a better connection.
Become the “star” of your business, “Get Seen”.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, imagine how much a video is worth…
Have a great day!