For most of us Mother’s Day is a very special day. My thoughts about my mother, and how important she has been in my life got me to think about how I could have payed more attention to her. My mental list this morning came back to me as I sat down to write my blog. The following are a few similarities:
- Be honest to your Mother: In a like manner, we should be honest with our business.If we le or cheat in our business we are only hurting ourselves.
- Pat attention to your Mother: In it’s own way our business speak to us; it tells us when we are gong in the wrong direction and when change is needed. She told us to watch our pennies when things were scarce and taught us the importance of savings.
- Mother’s expect us to be on time and to spend time: Just because it’s your own business doesn’t mean that you can come and go as you please. When there is work to be done, you should be on time. When there is no work, then you should spend more time creating work.
- Respect your Mother: In the same way we should respect our business. We are counting on it to feed us, provide shelter, provide an income when we are sick and to take care of us in retirement.
- Always speak well of your Mother: At every opportunity we have to talk about our business we should say nice things about it.
- Be proud of your Mother: I not only love my Mother but am very proud of her. Likewise, I am proud of my business and the work I do in it. It may not be a “google, or “apple”, but I wouldn’t trade it.
- Mothers are the foundation of our world: Your business is the foundation, a part of a bigger picture, that strengthens our nation and provides for future generations.
Think about your Mother and all she has done throughout the years for you.If she is still here call her a second time and tell her how much you appreciate her. If she has gone ahead and is waiting for you, tell other Monthers you know how imortant their job is in this world.
The spirit ( and Mothers) produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility and self-control.