Many of us know someone who is always coming up with a new business idea but has yet to succeed. There are several issues at work here; first, it’s the self image of the person who keeps trying and second, it’s the negative comments and feelings that come from family and friends.
The thought of failure is one of the greatest fears that preys on the human mind. It has a tendency to immobilize the person and to prevent that person from persevering. This person looks at the few that have succeeded and thinks that everyone else is successful. Building faith in ones abilities , and then maintaining it is hard when there is a lack of support and failures are many.
Many people work at jobs they don’t like, making less money than they are capable of earning, all because of family and friends discouraging innovation and encouraging status quo.
Failure is one of the greatest tools towards achieving success. For those who are going to rise above the negative vibs coming from their own mind and that of others, and achieve their dreams, they have to take positive action. Motivation comes from a variety of sources and an effort has to be made to discover where yours comes from.
In my own life I found many such sources and am always open to learning about more, the following is a list of my favorites:
- First and foremost, do something! Action is a strong motivator; start today and take steps towards that dream,
- Read books and magazines about others who have persevered.
- Spend time with positive people. Don’t be afraid to tell someone that you refuse to listen to negative talk.
- Give up the mind wasters such as TV, movies, internet, etc…. recreation is important but unfortunately is becomes the biggest thief of our time.
- Avoid listening to bad news
- Select a mentor/coach who will support your efforts.
Our current economy and the news media are, in my opinion, creating a world of despair for those who have lost their jobs. Hanging around others who have lost their jobs or whose businesses have failed is not the way to move ahead.
Take a risk and then continue taking a risk until you have achieved your dreams.
While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.