As a small business owner, you are always “on stage”.in other words, it’s always show time. That means that every client/customer interaction, every e-mail, every phone call, every speech, every tweet, etc. etc. etc……
That should also include your employees, your vendors and all business contacts.
What does ” being on stage mean”?
- you maintain a positive attitude
- you present yourself well, clothing wise
- you have a smile on your face
- you don’t talk about how bad the economy is
- your office, car, etc are always clean and presentable
- you always say positive things about your business
- you are enthusiastic about the future of your company
- you don’t say negative things about anyone including your competition
You can add to this list but for now, print several copies of this blog and keep one in your office, your car and taped to your bathroom mirror so you can see it first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
By following these simple rules, you will make a memorable difference in other people’s lives and you and your business will gain respect and new clients.
When the whole world is “down” and your are “up” you are in control.