Webster’s defines success several ways including “the attainment of wealth, favor or eminence” and “a favorable termination of a venture”.
My definition of business success:
- Being self-fulfilled in your business
- Excited about your business
- You are eager to go to work every day.
- You are constantly looking for ways to improve your business
- It provides for a comfortable living today for you and your family
- Allows funds for you and your family’s further education
- Allows funds to be put aside for retirement
- You show pride in and because of your business.
This is what our business life is all about. These are the points that we strive for when working in our own business. Do an examination of your conscience; where are you in each of the above mentioned points. What do you need to change to reach my definition of success?
Notice that the achievement of true success requires not only a business plan but also a personal and business financial plan. As a small business it is impossible to separate your business success from your personal (family) success. Personal goals often form the basis for a business venture.
I ask each of my clients to complete my “Be Prepared Book” software, and we integrate it into the business plan. You can read about The Be Prepared Book” in the book section of my site: www.strategicduck.com.
The common denominator of success lies in forming the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do.
Start on your road to success today, buy and fill out “The Be Prepared Book”