Let me start with several statements:
- Businesses are built on replicable processes.
- A process is a pattern or methodology that is distinguishable, repeatable and transferable.
Many self-employed (including business owners and commission sales people) people find themselves working evenings and weekends, and they still complain about a lack of time.
No matter what your business, product/service, there are processes that can be developed in several areas which will allow you to get work done more quickly and efficiently. The following is a partial list of business occurrences that should be placed into a “process”.
- When you get a new client
- When you order more product
- Snail mail newsletters
- Thank you notes
- Birthday & anniversary cards
- Social media
- What else???
- Ongoing client communications
- Add to this list by analyzing what you do that is repeated in any given period of time.
To create a process:
- Identify the steps necessary to complete each of the above referenced items
- Determine the amount of time required to complete each step
- Write down the steps for each process
This is only a brief part of establishing a work flow process. It will take some time put it all together, but once complete, it will become a major time saver. Don’t procrastinate, do it now.
Every time a person puts and idea across he finds ten people who thought about it before he did – but they only thought about it. Alfred Montapert
Nick J. Petra CFP visit my site at www.strategicduck.com
Make it a Successful Today.