For the fourth quarter of this year I am going to study internet based businesses. My goal is to interview people that are running home based internet businesses. I want to find out their successes and failures; how much money they made and what their initial investment was.
There is so much “hype” on this subject in the way of e-mails, seminars, books, etc… that it becomes very easy for those that want to earn “quick & easy bucks” to take advantage of these offers and send their money to a “promoter”.. There are also those that are willing to work hard if presented with an opportunity and a process which will allow them to add additional income to their current income or to replace an income due to a job loss.
I am starting this project with a positive attitude and an open mind. I believe that there are ways that a person can earn income by offering a value based service to others by using the internet. I will publish progress reports as I deem them something useful to pass on. I am accepting stories from my readers sharing both successes and failures.
The following are the major areas I will be researching:
- What type of businesses are best suited to be internet based?
- What target markets are best suited to use internet business and have their needs met?
- What options exist to market such a service on the internet which will allow you to differentiate yourself?
- How can an internet business earn the respect and trust of potential users?
- How long does it take to start a successful internet business?
- What are the startup costs for an internet business?
- Is there a difference in the business plan for an internet based business versus a traditional business?
If you are interested in more frequent progress reports on this project, please send your e-mail address to me at email@example.com.
Try not to become men of success. Rather become men of value. Albert Einstein
Nick J. Petra CFP Everything is possible for those who seek the right way to accomplish a goal.