2014 has the potential to become the most profitable year ever for all of us. Hopefully by now you have all set your goals and prioritized them and even written a few paragraphs about how your business life will look like when you reach your goal.
Getting started is hard. Listing our goals was the easy part; now comes the commitment to the follow-thru which is the hardest part of the process.
Accountability is a key word and being accountable only to ourselves sometimes becomes a difficult task.
I have a simple challenge for you:
- Select the most important goal that you wish to reach this year.
- Write a short story about the end result once that goal is reached. Make sure you list the benefits to others that will happen once you reach your goal.
- Write down the major steps that are necessary for you to reach that goal.
Now comes the accountability part of the challenge. If you are serious and committed to reaching this goal, it’s time to share your goal with the “world”.
- On your social media, tell all your followers what your goal is for this coming year. Send an update at least twice a month on your progress.
- Create a data base of everyone that you know. To make sure it’s complete break your data base down into several headings: friends, relatives, church friends, business contacts, etc.
- Start a blog, (minimum of once a month) to send to your data base. Start by telling what your goal is, how you are planning on reaching it and the benefits it will provide.
- In future blogs tell your audience how they can best help you in reaching your goal and share your progress.
No, this is not a lot of work. Your data base should be complete as it is a vital part of any marketing plan. Add to this list all the people you meet during the year.
The story you created about your goal and its benefits should become “your story” for this next year.
By doing this, you are making a commitment to yourself to make this goal a reality. You now become accountable to all the people you know and this will help you stay on track.
Making a commitment to yourself and others will help you reach your goal. Have the GUTS (God’s Undeniable Terrific Secret) to make it happen. Nick J. Petra CFP www.onebizcentral.com subscribe today.