As most of you know, I am very passionate about helping small businesses succeed. Today small business is the backbone of the US economy. Please review the following statistics:
- There are an estimated 29.6 million small businesses
- They employ over half of the country’s private sector workforce
- Hire 40% of high tech workers
- Represent 97.3% of all the exporters of goods
- Represent 99.7% of all employer firms
- Generate a majority of the innovations that come from the United States
Now the bad news: small business has a failure rate of between 50%-70%. How much better would our nation be if an additional 10% of small businesses survived, grew and became profitable?
The type of support needed:
- Has to be affordable
- Has to be consistent (ongoing)
- Has to be immediately applicable
- Must provide unique networking opportunities
- Must assist in developing business and marketing plans
- Must have an accountability factor
- Must offer pertinent education
- Must have weekly challenges
- Must offer interaction with a “live mentor”
- Plus so much more.
For the past four years I have been working on developing such a support system, through many trials and errors I believe I finally have the right solution. The process is expensive but will be worth the effort.
You can help in two ways:
- 1. I have applied for a grant. Part of the process to be considered is obtaining a minimum of 250 votes before June 19th 2015.(votes are needed to show the degree of interest to the people making the grant) Please go to https://shar.es/120Zt3 and vote for Strategic Duck. Tell your friends and data base about my project and ask them to vote.
- 2. Self-funding for this project is possible; my main source of funding is my real estate company. I have a goal of 20 sales in the next four months which will allow me to start the new company. You can also help by sending me referrals ( buyers or sellers). The commissions earned will be used to kick-off “Business Tuesday” which will be under the Strategic Duck umbrella.