As you’ve heard by now, social media can play a key role in anyone’s business. The platforms help establish and maintain relationships quickly and easily with prospects. Here are the five steps to ensuring those prospects become sales.
- Join a site and create a persona. Persona is key. Be an active member, but not an overactive member. Bombarding your prospects with your brand will cause distrust.
- Figure out which site is best for your prospect. Facebook is good for business-to-consumer sales, LinkedIn for B2B products and services and Twitter for any type of prospects, according to Colleen Francis, president of Engage Selling.
- Connect with prospects. To grab your prospects’ attention, make sure to follow or friend them. Socialmention.com is a good resource to see who is taking about your industry.
- Build relationships. Pay attention to what people are saying in your industry. Use this to foster relationships and offer your own service or product.
- Don’t forget to communicate. Offering a sincere solution to their personal problem will help prospects turn into clients.
SOURCE: FORBES’ “FIVE STEPS TO MAKING SALES THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA.”
I wanted to share this article because social media has become a very complicated marketing tool and this comes right to the point in simple terms. As a business support team for small businesses we offer business and marketing plans as well as the accountability that is necessary for success. I have found very good instructors teaching social media to business in a very understandable and affordable fashion. They are part of our strategic alliances, and we introduce them to our clients as needed.
As an example, I have added the following web site to my marketing material: www.linkedIn.com/in/supportingbusinesssuccess this is a short bio on my background. Since I started using this, my profile is now being viewed at least every two days by prospects. Yes I have a long way to go but this simple site, which is easy to create on LinkedIn, has been rewarding.
If you haven’t read it, please send me your e-mail address and I will send you a complimentary copy of my white paper “A 40% Small Business Marketing Strategy.” It offers a concise solution to developing a marketing plan and finding the time to implement it.
As brilliant an individual that Michael Jordan was, he was not successful until he got with a good team unit. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Let Strategic Duck become your team to guide you to profitability and sustainability.