Today is the start of the re-opening. Whether you agree or not, as a small business owner, you have to keep up with what is going on around you. The following is a combination of my thoughts and those of respected “think-tanks” as to what you should be doing starting today.
- Those who step up their game will be better off and far more ready to confront the challenges – and opportunities – of the next normal.
- Action is the key word. Don’t get tied up doing research and over analyzing what our next step should be.
- The COVID-19 crisis has accelerated the shift to digital. Now is the time to enhance and expand your digital footprint.
- As small business owners you have to understand what customers will value post COVID-19 and restructure yourservices, products, and marketing based on those.
- In my opinion, one of the most important things is to identify and prioritize revenue opportunities. Make the “now or never” moves that need to happen before the recovery fully starts. This may include launching targeted campaigns to win back loyal customers; developing customer experiences focused on increased health and safety; adjusting pricing and promotions based on new data. (from an article by Mckinsey and Company)
- I can’t overemphasize the need to act with urgency. These past few months I have seen businesses work harder and faster than ever before. In order to have a competitive advantage, you must commit to working harder, faster and smarter than ever before
- Interaction with your family, friends and customers has been transformed. Many of these changes will be with us in the “New Normal.” Going back to the way things were is not an option.
I cannot over emphasize the importance of taking new, educated action starting today. Leading change is part of the BizQuack philosophy.
Tips & Advice by Nick Petra – Founder of BizQuack and Strategic Duck.